Saturday, August 17, 2013

T-Ball

Chase and Owen have played T-Ball this summer.  It has been a great experience and they have done so well.  Jeff has helped coach, which has been great for the boys. They love to have Daddy helping.  Sometimes they draw in the dirt, sometimes they chase balls.  They both hit really well and we discovered Chase is a lefty.  He likes to say he's a lefty.  :)  Sandy and I were teaching the boys to bat and Chase walked up to the tee and hit lefty. The first week at T-ball I guess the coach was trying to teach him to bat as a righty but it wasn't working.  When he got up to his first bat I yelled that he was a lefty.  The coach said, "No wonder I couldn't get him to hit when I was having him try right handed!)  They play with two of their friends and one of their friends from speech class.  It has been so fun to watch them play.  They are growing up right before our eyes and are such big boys. Jeff says it can be a little frustrating "coaching" when all you do is tell kids to get out of the dirt.  There's not a lot of coaching in that. :)  I had a great time watching while sitting with 2 of my friends and their kids (one of whom had the baby the same day as me.)

We have attentive children!  Here Chase "plays" 3rd base
Owen fields the ball-way to go!
Chase plays in the dirt
Owen is up to bat! Look at that cute face.
It's a swing and a HIT!
They always need reminders to run to 1st base. 
Owen runs and runs!

Our lefty Chase is up to bat. Look at that concentration!
Chase is a great runner.  He lapped several kids running for home.  Grandpa Bob would be so proud.
Getting close to lapping his team mate
Chase running for home

It's Owen's turn to play in the dirt.
Chase's metal on the last night

Owen's metal
The purple team.  Jeff went to high school with one of the guys and the other is a friend of mine.
Owen hits again
Chase was told to "step into it" and this is what he did!! Hilarious. 
Hattie enjoyed some T-ball.  It was often really sunny and I forgot her hat.
My little sweety
This is what Chase decided to wear to t-ball one night. Ha!
 Hattie sleeps
 My little Chase
 Chase fielding the ball
 Nice throw Chase
 Owen waiting patiently for the ball.
 The view of the field
 Owen waiting for the ball.





 Owen runs to the ball
 Chase
 My proudest moment. :)  Chase is loving t ball.  Isn't this a classic picture?

No comments: