Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mommy's Spring Break

I had great vast wonderful plans for "my" spring break.  The kids had school and would be in daycare, I would lounge, clean the house, go for coffee, shop, organize.  Ha-in the back of my head I knew it would bet sabotaged.  Sure enough, Friday night when I got off work Owen and Hattie had fevers.  I knew at that point my week wouldn't be what I thought it was going to be.  We were supposed to visit my parents, which we did, but we came back early to take Hattie to the Dr.

Sunday afternoon I took Hattie to the Dr. They heard some wheezing so they checked for RSV-not that.  The next step was a chest xray.  That was not fun.  They sat Hattie on this little bicycle seat, held up her arms and fastened this brace around her so she wouldn't move. Her little cheeks are so big they were mushed up as she looked out the little face hole.  I didn't like it and she didn't either.  No pneumonia.  Just a virus.  Always lots of fun when you get that news.  Nebulizing didn't help.  So, she was home with me Monday, part of Tuesday and Wednesday the daycare kids were sick.  Monday was nice as we just cuddled and played.  Chase and Owen had school and stayed at daycare all day.  It was fun to be with just Hattie and have time to talk, read, play and snuggle.  She only likes to be held when sick so there was no putting her down.  She also wasn't eating solids. 

Luckily Hattie was better by the weekend!  Her cough was much better and her nose wasn't running as much.  She ate well and took good naps.  We're happy to have her back.

I took Chase and Owen to the Mall of America on Thursday.  We went to Build-A-Bear Workshop. They had never been there before and were so cute. They loved choosing their own stuffed animal.  They picked out a heart to put in it, kissed it and chose how much stuffing to add to the animals.  Owen chose a teddy bear and Chase chose a red dinosaur.  We then cleaned the stuffing off, combed them and picked out an outfit.  They hugged their animals so tight!









We then went to Lego Land and had a blast there.  We rode a few rides and had lunch at Noodles.  By this time I think I was more tired then they were!  We made a quick stop at IKEA and they fell asleep on the way to get Hattie.

It was such a fun, special day with my boys!

No comments: