Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Chase and Owen are going to Kinder Academy!  They had their first day of school on September 5th, 2013 and boy were they excited!  They got to wear new shoes and new backpacks.  I drove them to their bus pickup (at daycare) and rode with them to school.  They were so excited and ran right up on the bus.  They decided to sit all alone in the way back of the bus.  It was quite bumpy and they were saying "Weee" and "Oooohh".  Chase sat in the small seat and I sat with Owen in the other seat.  They talked about everything they saw out their windows and had to yell it to their brother.  "Grass, backhoe, cars!"  When we got to school we got right off and went to their classroom.  No one was there yet!  We were early.  Their teacher Mrs. Koepsell led us back down and we waited for the other buses to arrive.  Their good friend Paige and my friend Kate arrived and hugs were given all around.  We walked them to their room and helped them put their backpacks away, get their folders out and Chase and Owen were off, sitting near the rocking chair.  I had to go and say goodbye.  I was happy they were not sad or scared, but just excited.  I got a little emotional when the bus pulled up, but was fine the rest of the time.  When I picked them up at 12:30 they were asleep on the bus.  I had to get on and unbuckle them, poor guys. :)  They had a great time.  Owen said, "I made 1 friend".  They talked about their snack of goldfish.  They made a beautiful piece of art with their hand print on it. 

Day two was not so easy.  I cried on the way home.  It was so quiet at home with just Hattie and I.  My little baby boys are growing up and I'm very happy but it's also sad to think they are not little boys anymore. 
 Owen is ready for Kindergarten
 I love it that he wants to be a Daddy, just like his Daddy.

 Showing off his new shoes and backpack!
Chase is ready for Kindergarten!


 Chase also wanted to be a Daddy, how great!

 New backpack and shoes kind of showing.
 My two little loves all grown up.
 Of course we had to get a silly shot . . .

 or 3!

Waiting at the bus stop with daycare friends

 There they go!
 I'm so glad one of my boys looked back at me!
 Love these guys.
 Owen looking at the world passing by
 Sweet Chase

 Chasey looking out the window
 Excited Owen
 The 3 of us riding to school!

The fun bus ride.
 Heading into school




 What do you think?  Can you see them in 10 years being little charmers?

 The neighborhood kids that are in Kinder Academy
 They were told to stand "on the line".  In true Berger fashion, they take it very literally and are putting both feet on the line.
 Here Owen is trying to get both feet on the line.
 Owen unpacking
Chase putting his folder away
 Sitting down for morning meeting.  Love those smiles.  So ready for school!
Big hugs for Daddy at the bus stop after school.  Jeff made it just as they were coming off the bus.

That night there were some tantrums that we had never seen before from Owen.  Man, he was tired!
 Day two, getting off in the neighborhood, rather than at daycare.
Paige, Owen and Chase hang out while the mom's talk after school

No comments: