Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter Stories

I was reading the story of Jesus' death and resurrection to Chase the other night.  I got to the page where Jesus is on the cross.  He has some bruises and scrapes on him and looks sad (rightly so).  I was telling Chase about what happened to Jesus and that he had owies and hurt and why it all happened.  Chase kept saying, "Owie" and had this sad look on his face. Then he grabbed the book and brought it to his face so he could kiss Jesus' owies.  It melted my heart.

Later I was reading the Easter story-a different version-to Owen.  I told him the same things but we didn't have the picture of Jesus on the cross.  I said Jesus died, but then he rose again, and Owen kept saying, "Me die"  I'm not quite sure what he meant but I kept reassuring him that no he was not going to die any time soon. 

I think it's great they show compassion and interest in Jesus' "owies" and his death.  Most importantly we talked about his resurrection and how it brings new life and freedom for all who believe!  Yeah for Jesus!

No comments: