Thursday, September 21, 2017

Beginning of 3rd grade and Pre-K


We had a great start to the year, with the boys going into 3rd grade and Hattie heading into Pre-K.  When I asked the kids, from the front of the van one day, who was excited for school, the only one I heard yell “YEAH” was Hattie!  Even I wasn’t excited.  However, the night before school I was tucking the boys into bed and they sheepishly admitted they were excited for 3rd grade. They had met their teacher and I think she excited them as she was “cool, weird and different”.  All things they like.  And she “looked nice”.  That’s a prerequisite for Owen.  And she was nice.  She liked Harry Potter, Star Wars and all literature.  She spoke in a British accent at times, which they loved.  Hattie was excited to see all her old friends and move into the big 4 year old room.  All her teachers were back, she knew the routine and she was ready!  So on the big day the boys boarded the bus and had the best day ever!  The next day Hattie headed to preschool and had her best day!  We are so blessed to have amazing educators in the lives of our children.
















No comments: