Sunday, August 28, 2016

Hattie's 1st Day of Preschool!

Hattie started preschool on August 25th and boy oh boy were Jeff and I excited for her!  She was “excited” too, if not knowing what to expect can be exciting. J  She was happy to go.  We had open house on Tuesday and she was able to play with babies, see some new kids and get some exposure.  Hattie picked out her own dress at Target and she even wore it to school.  Putting on dresses is not something she really loves to do, so I was impressed with her.

























We got her backpack with her blanket and furry friend (Care Bear) and she was ready to go!  She was the first one at school and Jeff and I signed her in, put her things in her locker and got her ready in her room. She was happy but when she realized we were leaving it was a bit different. She cried and cried and I cried too-but held it together for her sake-until I drove to work.  The teacher was excellent and took her to the same window Chase and Owen would look out at me, and they waited to watch me get in the car and we waved and waved and she seemed happy.

Jeff picked her and up and we both couldn’t wait to hear about her day!  She had a great day! The teacher said she was perfect, ate a great lunch, had a rest, played and was a good girl.  Hattie told me she went potty and the teacher helped her.  She said she ate lunch and played in the gym, played outside, played babies and named a friend.  She told Nana she napped on a “hot” (“cot”) and was proud about that.  She signed “Thank you” for us and told us she learned that.  When I got home, all this week, Jeff has picked her up and they have been waiting on the corner for me.  She screams when she sees me, jumps on her bike and Jeff pushes her home as we race-they always win.  J  So when I got home they did the same thing. She ran inside and told me to close my eyes.  I do and she got a beautiful fish picture she had made.  They were going to hang them up in the classroom but Hattie wanted to bring hers home. J  It was so cute.


We were so proud of her and so excited for her too.  She’s very ready to learn, play with kids her age and grow and learn and we are excited to have her at the same Preschool Chase and Owen attended, where she is learning of Jesus’ love for her.  Thank you God!

No comments: