Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Body of Christ

In the initial days that followed my Dad's diagnosis of cancer, I experienced the Body of Christ working in my life like never before.  I'm overwhelmed with the generosity of those who have heard about my Dad and knew I was sick and how they came together to provide prayer, meals, phone calls and much needed words of encouragement for me.  I'm quite in shock actually.  So many meals were given to us and I just cried over the fact the food was there, it was hot and my family was provided for when I did not have it in me to even think about food.  The hands of God were working.

The Body of Christ, what is it?  To me, it's people taking their God given gifts, what they are able to give and giving it in the name of Jesus, as Jesus would have done.  Some people are the feet, others his hands, some his heart, each working in unison to make the entire "body" function.  Hands do not work on their own, they need the entire body to help them work.

I've seen this first hand and marvel at it. I'm truly not even able to put into words the feelings I have and how I've been cared for by so many true and generous friends.  I don't normally blog about my personal life situations but lately have felt the need to. 

Thank you to all of you!  The Body of Christ is true and it is alive!  Praise God.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Good for you for sharing about whats going on! Its important to be real! Your friends love you for it!