Friday, June 18, 2010

Almost 2

As two approaches I feel I better start documenting what's going on here at the Berger house.

Tonight as I was putting Chase to bed I said, "Let's pray" and typically he stops sucking his thumb and folds his hands. tonight he figured out he could keep his thumb in his mouth while still folding his hands! So cute. He likes to be covered with the furry blanket and Owen likes to be covered with any blanket, but mostly the one I knitted for him before he was born. He has come to like that blanket when he sleeps, almost as much as his blankey.

We are picking up words left and right. It's funny to hear what they pick. Owen loves to say "broke" sounds like "brote". When something is dirty, it's "brote", when a piece of a toy is missing it's "brote". It's funny how he says it too. He has rising intonation at the end and the "br" is almost growl like.

Finally I'm being called by MY name, not Daddy's. :) We've been working so hard on this. For so long I've been Daddy and everyone was Daddy. Over the weekend Owen started calling me "Ma" or "Mama" or "Mommy". Now, when he is in the living room and wants me he yells "Ma!" instead of "Daddy"! It's wonderful! It's so sweet. He also point to Jeff and says Daddy and then points to me and says "Mama". I love being an individual! I think it helped going away for the weekend and him having to call me "ma" because Jeff wasn't around. Who knows. Chase still calls me "Daddy", though.

Owen is now the clingy one and loves to be held. He is not whiny like Chase was though. Chase is content to hold my hand as we walk and I hold Owen.

Chase has started saying "Me" for anything that is his. He has faces for everything and will let you know when he is not happy. He's quite animated.

Each time Owen sits and looks at his knees he has to point out his past "owies" that have healed. If you have a mark on you, he must identify that as an owie too.

Chase is very good at giving kisses and puckering up. He will hold the pucker until you kiss him, which can be awhile if he is chasing after Owen for a night time kiss. :)

Chase sorted many different shapes into their correct groupings last weekend. It was amazing. We were at my parents' and my mom gave him a bunch of foam shapes to play with. We looked over and he had organized all the circles in one pile, the squares in another, the rectangles in another, etc. He was very proud of it! I had tears in my eyes I was so proud!

Tonight I found Chase cleaning up the living room!!! I almost fell over. He was putting all the balls in the ball bin. Way to go buddy!

That's all for now!

Look at my baby working so hard!


"Oh, here is where the circles go."

No comments: